Becoming a PGA professional was the most important inspiration to me becoming a successful teacher. I promise to inspire other PGA members and apprentices the way the PGA has inspired me.
When an individual asks for my assistance on learning golf, regardless of age, gender, skill level, or physical limitations, I must be fully prepared and do everything humanly possible to help these individuals reach their full potential, and achieve realistic goals in their pursuit of learning, enjoying, and playing golf.
A-14, Director of Instruction for a PGA recognized Golf School.
Jim Dent / Rick Bradshaw School of Golf. Heritage Isle Golf & Country Club, Tampa FL., Turtle Bay G.C., West Palm Beach, FL.
2006, 2004, and 2002 Port St. Lucie, PGA Learning Center., 2000 New Orleans, La.
Since becoming a teaching professional in 1979 I have averaged over 60 lesson hours weekly ( 80 lessons per week ) teaching between 3,000 and 4,000 private lessons annually for the last 21 years. I have developed numerous teaching programs, instructional videos, written hundreds of articles that have been published, and developed several golf schools in addition to; The Jim Dent/Rick Bradshaw School of Golf in 1992. My passion for teaching beginners, intermediate and advanced golfers is unsurpassed. I have developed my teaching philosophies from, endless study, researching and reading the philosophies of the teaching greats, as well as, the unending feedback from the individuals of each and evey lesson I teach. I have instructed and developed the skills of numerous PGA Professionals, Tour Players, Nationally Ranked Amateurs and World Class Junior Golfers. Many of my students have turned their passion for golf into careers as members of the PGA.
- Rick Bradshaw’s Formula To A Tour Swing 2006 DVD, 2 hours
- The Centrifugal Golf Swing, 2005 with Jim Dent and Rick, 115 minutes in length
- The Refiner Target Line Putter, 2003, 30 minutes in length
- The Refiner Training Video, 2003, 45 minutes in length
- The Dynamic Balance System, 2000, 30 minutes in length
- High Productivity Practice with Gary Koch and Rick Bradshaw, 1998, 30 minutes in length
- Jim Dent and Rick Bradshaws’ How to Be Long and Strong, 1993, 45 minutes in length
- Rick Bradshaws’ How to Build a Tour Swing, 1991, 45 minute video sold in conjunction with nationally syndicated golf instruction television series – 10 — 30 minute shows airing nationally for 37 weeks on New York’s Sports Channel. Appeared on Golf is Our Game Television Series 8 times for Golf Instruction 1994 – 1998
- The Angle Iron Golf Trainer patented by Rick Bradshaw in 1998. Endorsed by Butch Harmon, Gary Koch, Julie Inkster, Andy North, Jim Dent, Bruce Summerhays in 30 minute nationally televised infomercial produced by Script to Screen
- Co-Authored “Visual Bio-Feedback Assists Balance Training, in 2002
- Written 75 instruction articles for 5 newspapers in Tampa area over past 6 years Golf magazines, and The Internet.
- “THE TURN” Dec 2006: Provided 2 teaching segments including hitting 6 iron 178 yards one handed 12 feet from flag stick.
- Academy Live Nov 2005: Featured Golf Instructor on The Golf Channels’ Academy Live, with PGA Tour Pro Tim Petrovic.
- Wrote instructional content and script for” The Secret to Effortless Power ” one hour telecast.
- Academy Live Feb 2003: Featured Golf Instructor On The Golf Channels’ Academy Live with Tour Pro Jim Dent.
- Wrote instructional content for one hour telecast
- 2006 NORTH FLORIDA SECTION PGA TEACHER OF THE YEAR
- 2006 WEST CENTRAL CHAPTER PGA TEACHER OF THE YEAR
- 2005 NORTH FLORIDA SECTION STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE WINNER
- 2004 NORTH FLORIDA SECTION PGA TEACHER OF THE YEAR
- 2004 WEST CENTRAL CHAPTER PGA TEACHER OF THE YEAR
- 2003 NORTH FLORIDA SECTION STANDARD OF EXCELLENCE WINNER
Selected as a candidate by awards committee for 2006 National PGA Teacher of the Year., Member of the Presidents Council.
Golf Magazine ranked Rick Bradshaw as one of the top golf instructors in Florida. Years 2005, 2006,and 2007.
Lance Byars, at age 17 ranked nationally as the most improved golfer in one year by Golf Digest Magazine April 2004. Lowered handicap from 26 to 3. (taught since age14).
Continuing education speaker for 8 PGA seminars and 2 national instruction clinics in addition to numerous swing into school clinics and play golf America seminars. These seminars include; Three – full day seminars, 1999 – Walden LakeC.C., on Dynamic Balance, 2003 – Pebble Creek C.C. on Physics and Anatomy of Golf Swing. One half day seminar – 2004 Walden Lake C.C. on Centrifugal Swing and History of Teaching, and 4 one hour seminars throughout 2003 and 2006. National Clinics conducted on Balance at 2005 PGA show indoor range, and 2006 PGA show Demo Day. In addition I have attended and worked with the Dynamic Balance System exhibit the last 3 PGA teaching and coaching summits.
- Tim Petrovic, Since 1988, PGA Tour Pro recorded first career victory on PGA Tour in 2005, and ranked 44th on money list with 1.71 million in earnings.
- Jim Dent, 12 time winner Champions Tour.
- Jim Slattery 2003 North Florida Section Player of Year, and 2004/2006 North Florida Section Golf Professional of Year.
- Abs Mawji, Tour Professional at age 19. shot 2 under par 70 in 2006 Honda Classic final qualifier in first event as pro Finished 2nd pre qualifier shooting 68,and 5th in final qualifier scoring 69, for PODS PGA TOUR Tampa Bay Classic. Abs shot course record 10 under par 62 Heritage Isle Golf Club at age 19. Also qualified for 2006 sectional U.S. Open Qualifier – finished 7th with 2 round total even par 144. Abs still ranks as the youngest amateur to ever qualify for a national open at age 13, and won the regional qualifier for the British Open at age 15. He was ranked #2 in Zimbabwes’ order of merit.
- Marcia Dolan, 10 time Conn state amateur Champion.
- Mike Giamaressi, senior, University of North Florida, taught since age 10, winner of numerous junior events including Tampa Tournament of champions at age 16 with record score 65, 69, – 10 under par.
- Sheena Yang age 15 (2005 and 2006 individual district high school champion, Wharton High School Sophomore).
- 2000 – present, Dr. Gary Wood, I taught Gary, a totally blind psychologist to swing and play golf. 1999 – present
- Assist in developing education programs for physical therapists in understanding the golf swing and injury prevention for Advanced Orthopedic Sports Physical Therapy, West Palm Beach, FL. Have taught amputees, physically and mentally challenged golfers of all ages.
Gladly donated full day lesson program and taught Jim Davis and son Steve for North Fl. Section
- 1998 – Present, Tour Experience
- Golf Adventure Fantasy Golf School with various tour pros and celebrities including Jim Dent, Gary Koch, And Rick Bradshaw.
- 1993 – Present, The Secret To Effortless Power Golf Clinics, with Jim Dent and Rick Bradshaw (Learn how to drive the ball over 300 yards with only one hand on the club)
web address www.tourexperience.com, 813-220-8099